WSC COVID-19 UPDATES & INFORMATION
Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
Minimum required credits: 62
AAS Student Education Plan (SEP)
Business management as a career is a transferable skill. Managers often take their expertise from one type of organization to another, from manufacturing to travel and tourism industries. Managers are decision makers. They set goals and policies as a business executive and direct others in sales, purchases, accounting, production, and research. General tasks across various industries include:
Business managers make the best use of available resources to achieve the given objective.
- Defining the nature and extent of the project and identifying the
- Gathering data and researching facts.
- Analyzing and synthesizing the data.
- Developing recommendations/proposing solutions.
- Preparing written reports and/or making formal oral presentations.
- Assisting in the implementation of recommendations.
The student will be able to:
- Combine computer and communication skills to generate high-quality business projects.
- Write in a clear, organized, and concise way with respect to audience, context, and purpose.
- Demonstrate critical reading, thinking, and writing ability.
- Assess the internal and external environments in which businesses operate to determine appropriate strategies.
In addition to the program-specific requirements, please see the general graduation requirements for CTE programs.
ACCT 200 | Elements of Accounting I | 3 credits
ACCT 201 | Elements of Accounting II | 3 credits
BADM 201 | Principles of Marketing | 3 credits
BADM 202 | Principles of Management | 3 credits
BADM 203 | Leadership Techniques | 3 credits
BADM 269 | Business Ethics | 3 credits
BADM 251 | Personal Finance | 3 credits OR BOTE 247 | Spreadsheet Applications | 3 credits
COMM | Any 200 Level Course | 3 credits
COOP 197 | Cooperative Education/Internship | 0.5 credit
ECON 201 | Principles of Microeconomics | 3 credits
ECON 202 | Principles of Macroeconomics | 3 credits
View course descriptions.
The suggested electives are not required, but are recommended for a career in business management.
ACCT 215 | Business in the Legal Environment | 3 credits
BADM 130 | Entrepreneurship | 3 credits
BADM 150 | Recreation Management | 3 credits
BADM 170 | Recreation Areas & Facilities Management | 3 credits
BADM 228 | Personal Investing | 3 credits
BADM 240 | Sales | 3 credits
BADM 270 | Small Business Management | 3 credits
BOTE 135 | Social Media Integration for Business | 3 credits
BUSN 120 | Fundamentals of Business (as advised) | 3 credits
BUSN 250 | Principles of Real Estate | 3 credits
Assistant Professor Business, Business Program Chair
Business and Trades Technology Department
1410 University Avenue
Western Star (CTE) 104
where the people make the difference