WILLISTON, N.D. - WSC is proud to be in the top 15% of the 1,000 schools nationwide to be recognized as a 'Military Friendly School'. The Re-InVET Yourself program at WSC was created to serve its veterans with a series of individualized sessions to help them transition to students:
• Personalized application and admission checklist counseling.
· Academic program and course advising tailored to meet personal goals.
· Financial counseling specific to the Certificate of Eligibility.
• Financial counseling specific to other federal, state and institutional financial resources.
• Ongoing academic program and course advising to meet their goals.
• Campus support services (counseling, tutoring, student organizations, community organizations).
Veterans receive courteous and complete service from WSC staff to optimize their educational benefits. Veterans' military experience and education are recognized and applied to specific programs of study at WSC.
WSC hosted Thank-A-Veteran day October 18. Over 200 notes thanking local Veterans were written and dropped off at the Veterans Services Office, Veterans Clinic, and Job Services.
WSC's Interpersonal Communications class is interviewing local veterans and documenting their oral histories on a website. The students will host a Veterans Symposium December 7 at which Veterans will receive a free chili dinner. The class will conclude with a presentation of the oral histories at 7 p.m. The presentations are open to the public. A non-perishable food donation box is available for local Veterans until the December 7 event at the ARC as part of the WSC's Interpersonal Communication class.
For more information on the Re-InVET Yourself program, contact Crystal Hotchkiss, Registrar, Research Analyst & VA Certifying Official at 701.774.4267.
For more information on WSC, please visit www.willistonstate.edu, call 1.888.863.9455, or stop by 1410 University Avenue, Williston, ND.