For updates regarding WSC's response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)  please click here.

Share This

Important Information

Applying for GI Bill Benefits
If you've never received GI Bill Benefits, you'll need to complete the VA Form 22-1990.  This form is the application for chapters 30, 32, 33, 1606, and 1607.  After the VA has determined you're eligible, WSC will need a copy of your certificate of eligibility to certify your enrollment in the college.

If you have previously used your GI Bill education benefits while attending another college, you are transferring to WSC, and you wish to continue with your benefits, you must complete the Change of Program/Place of Training form which is VA Form 22-1995 at or VA Form 22-5495 for Chapter 35 and provide a copy to our Certifying Official.

Certification Procedures
You must contact the VA Representative to inform of certification each term (Fall, Spring & Summer).  Students who do not contact the VA Representative will not be certified.  It is beneficial to have secured your eligibility and to have enrolled for classes in a timely matter in order to avoid a delay in benefits.

Changes in Enrollment
To prevent errors in received benefits, WSC students should notify the VA Representative if they add or drop classes. Each student's enrollment will be verified by the VA Representative at least once each month, but prompt reporting from students regarding their enrollment will assist in the proper disbursement of benefits from VA.  The VA, not WSC, determines the enrollment status of a student (full time, three-quarters, half, part time, etc.) and pays accordingly.

Chapter Changes
Student changing from Chapter 1606 to 1607 or 30 to 31 must apply to become eligible for the change in chapter. This change is not automatic upon returning from being activated or being injured. See the application process for Chapter 1607 and 31 to apply for a chapter change.

Students receiving a change to Chapter 1607 will need to bring a copy of their new Certificate of Eligibility to the VA Representative for the change to be made in their WSC student record.  Students received a change to Chapter 31 will have the appropriate information forwarded to the VA Representative on their behalf.

PLEASE REMEMBER: Always allow 6-12 weeks for the VA to process your initial application and any subsequent changes in status regarding enrollment or benefit chapter.  If you haven't heard from them by the 6th week after your application was submitted, give them a call at 1-888-442-4551.

Contact Information 
VA Education Office 
Order DD214 online

Williams County Veterans Service Office
Phone: 701-577-4550
Fax:  701-577-4549 

Automated System:
Check information about payments and remaining entitlement, change addresses and seek assistance from a case manager when there are questions or problems.

To set up Direct Deposit:

Enrollment Verification(monthly verifications for Chapters 30, 1606, & 1607):