For updates regarding WSC's response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)  please click here.

Share This

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I start?

WSC ecourages all Service members to speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or Military Services counselor prior to enrollment at WSC. 

How do I verify my enrollment?

If you are receiving benefits under Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607, use the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or call the toll free Interactive Voice Response telephone line at 1-877-VA-ECERT (1-877-823-2378) to verify your attendance.

Chapter 33 does not need to verify enrollment at this time.

How do I set up direct deposit?

Direct deposit is available for MGIB-Active Duty (Chapter 30), Selective Reserve (Chapter 1606), and REAP (Chapter 1607) benefits. To enroll in Direct Deposit, please do one of the following:

  • Login to WAVE (or create an account if you are a new user). On the WAVE main page, click on the link that says "Direct Deposit Enrollment Form". This form can be submitted electronically, or you can print out a hard copy and mail it to your local Regional Processing Office.

  • Call the Direct Deposit center at 1-877-838-2778

If you are new to WAVE and your enrollment has not yet been processed, you may not be able to create a WAVE account. You will gain access once your enrollment has been processed.

To update your Direct Deposit by phone, contact Direct Deposit center at 1-877-838-2778.

Unfortunately, Direct Deposit is not available for the Dependents & Survivors Educational Benefits-DEA (Chapter 35) and VEAP (Chapter 32).

How do I change my address?

  1. Visit the WAVE login page
  2. Click the "Login Instructions" icon above the login section and follow the instructions for logging in to WAVE
  3. Once you have logged in, click the "Change of Address" link on the left
  4. If you don't have access to WAVE, these requests can be submitted using the "Ask a Question" tab in the "Questions and Answers" section of the G.I. Bill web site.

Changes of address can be completed by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551

How do I contact the VA?

You can contact the VA by calling 1-888-442-4551 or sending an email by clicking on the "Ask a Question" link on the G.I. Bill web site. Be sure to include your file number in the body of your message.

Applying for VA benefits completes the process for Tuition Assistance, right?

No, it does not. To apply for Tuition Assistance, go to and/or contact the Education Services Officer at 701-333-3064 for further information.

How do I know if I am eligible for the North Dakota Dependent of a Disabled Veteran Tuition Waiver?

Qualified students must provide the following documentation:

  • a letter from the VA stating that the veteran is deceased or permanently and totally disabled due to a service-connected injury

  • a copy of a birth certificate that indicates the student is a dependent of the veteran and proof of the veteran's North Dakota residency (DD-214 or documentation showing at least 10 consecutive and current years of residency).

Why am I still receiving my Chapter 1606 benefits when I am now Chapter 1607?

If you did not apply to be transitioned to Chapter 1607, you will not receive Chapter 1607 benefits until you apply and are sent a certificate of eligibility that needs to be brought to the VA Representative.

If you have received your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and are not receiving the Chapter 1607 benefits, you will need to contact VA directly at 1-888-838-2778 to speak with a VA Counselor.

I am enrolled for classes but have not received benefits. Why?

If you did not notify the VA Representative that you were attending classes and wanted to be certified, that did not occur. If you would like to be certified, simply contact the VA Representative at 701-774-4585.

Who do I contact at WSC for assistance in obtaining my VA benefits?

Student will need to contact the VA Representative at Williston State College for assistance:

Andrea Carver
1410 University Ave
Williston ND 58801