Share This

Graduation FAQs

When and where is the commencement ceremony? 

  • Commencement will be held May 15th, 2020 at 10:00AM CST in the Thomas Witt Leach Complex. 

Who can participate in the commencement ceremony? 

  • Williston State College's Spring 2020 commencement ceremony is for all students graduating Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020.  

Is there a rehearsal?

  • Graduation rehearsal is the day before graduation at 2:00 PM CST in the Thomas Witt Leach Complex. 

Who can attend the commencement ceremony? 

  • All friends and family are welcome to attend the ceremony. If your friends and family are unable to attend the ceremony, a live feed link will be available on WSC's YouTube page and website.

How do I inform WSC that I plan to participate in the commencement ceremony? 

  • Graduates who plan to attend the commencement ceremony indicate their intent on their Graduation Application. If your plans change, please contact the registrar. 

How do I order a cap, gown, and tassel for the ceremony? 

  • Graduates order their cap, gown, and tassel. If you ordered your cap and gown to be delivered to the WSC bookstore, they will be available at the bookstore April 28th. 

How long will the commencement ceremony last? 

  • The ceremony will last approximately one hour. 

How do I know if I am an Honor Student? 

  • Your Institutional GPA from the previous term will be used to calculate ceremony honors. Final institutional GPA will be used to calculate final transcripted honors. 

How are Honor Students recognized? 

  • Students eligible for honors recognition at the graduation ceremony will be indicated in the printed commencement program. You will receive a gold tassel during lineup on the day of the ceremony. 

Will I receive my diploma at the commencement ceremony? 

  • Your diploma will be mailed to you after final grades have been computed and program audits are completed. You should expect to receive your diploma 4 to 6 weeks after graduation.  

What if I need special accommodations or assistance? 

  • Graduates requiring special accommodations or assistance should contact the registrar.      

Registrar, Research Analyst     
Stevens Hall, Student Services